Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden Glitch

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
there has been several times when a spell has not taken care of the needs of my plants when cast. Yes, the spell has encompassed the plants, yet it acted as if I didn't cast the spell.

Last night I had a rank 1 pest. I used the bug bolt spell 3 times and it did not remove the pest. I logged completely out of the game and relaunched and still it did not remove the pest. I finally had to use summon pixie on that plant to get pest removed.

Would like to know if others are experiencing the same problem.

Administrator
Hello,

Could you give us some more information about how your garden is set up? Which type of plant had the pest?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
I used to not garden but now I do and I bought some seeds and enchanted large plots and when I went to place it, it wouldn't place. Like when I casted the plot, it wouldn't show up. So I logged off and came back on and it still didn't work. After hours of playing, I went to my house and they were there. Can you please fix this glitch?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do have a stacked garden but never had this issue before. I also had the following spells active.

Baby Blood Bats
Monsoon
Wind Chimes
Bee Hive

The wizard with the issue was Hannah Lifebringer and the House was Red Barn Farm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hannah Lifebringer on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
there has been several times when a spell has not taken care of the needs of my plants when cast. Yes, the spell has encompassed the plants, yet it acted as if I didn't cast the spell.

Last night I had a rank 1 pest. I used the bug bolt spell 3 times and it did not remove the pest. I logged completely out of the game and relaunched and still it did not remove the pest. I finally had to use summon pixie on that plant to get pest removed.

Would like to know if others are experiencing the same problem.
If plants were planted on stacks or raised soil plots, you need an object to aim the spell at. A stack of crates or a pillar. Area spells aimed at the ground level only affect ground level plants.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
seethe42 on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
If plants were planted on stacks or raised soil plots, you need an object to aim the spell at. A stack of crates or a pillar. Area spells aimed at the ground level only affect ground level plants.
My gardens are only stacked 2 high. A single spell covers the entire gardens on ALL of my wizards with gardens only two layers. The only problem I am having is on one wizard and it is just 6 plants in one corner of the garden. None of the large spells will effect them. If i use the medium spell, on them it will take care of the needs for both layers. When getting rid of the pests on those plants, I have to make sure the spell only overlaps the plants in question. It seems that the other plants in the gardens are negating the spells effects on that small corner of the garden.

I have never had to target another item in my gardens because the spells used normally will take care of the needs of 2 layers. For gardens higher than 2 layers you do need to aim the spell at another object.