Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical rating and percentage revisited

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I'm curious as to how the critical percentage value (the numbers we get when we move our mouse over our character critical rating stats) from gears are calculated. My current conclusion is either the display for the percentage is incorrect (unlikely otherwise its a silly bug), or there is some kind of weight assign to each type of gear for this, like for example critical ratings received from hat seems to be given higher weight than critical ratings from robe.

Here is an example of what I mean. I have the following crafted gear with their critical ratings, and their displayed critical percentage:

Gear #1
Royal storm crown of azteca (hat)
Storm critical rating: 150
Storm critical percentage displayed: 30%

Gear #2
Royal storm tunic of azteca (robe)
Storm critical rating: 75
Storm critical percentage displayed: 13%

As can be seen, the numbers above doesnt really compute if both gears are contributing equally to my total storm critical rating. If they're equal, then if 150 is 30%, obviously 75 should be 15%.

This unequal contribution to the percentage also applies to my wand (critical rating of 66, shown as 11%) and boots (40 rating shown as 5%).

Which seems to me, makes it unjustifiable to assume that maximum critical rating is 500 as I saw in other post. Yes if 150 is 30%, then 500 is 100%. But if 40 is 5%, then 800 is 100% ;)

So, I guess I'd like to be sure if the critical percentage display (and the block rating for that matter) can be trusted, which implies that the gears are weighted, or is this a display bug that needs to be fix?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This is something everyone wishes KI would explain to us but they have yet to do so. No one truely knows. For what i have figured so far is that every 4-5 crit rating equals about 1%. Sorry if you already know that but that is really all anyone knows at this point.
It definately should have just been a % like everything else in game.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I'm a relatively new player, but judging from older posts it seems that more explanation on how the critical/block system works isn't going to happen. So I'm not looking for that.

I just want KI to confirm, given my previous example on critical rating 150 equals 30% while 75 equals 13%, that whether the percentage display is correct as intended by their design or is it wrong (i.e. a bug)?

So to be clear, given my ignorance on this issue, I'm submitting this as a potential bug -- in hope that developers (KI) will simply notify me if I'm wrong (i.e. this isn't a bug), or correct the software if it is wrong. No secret information disclosure is requested here.