Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The inactivity timer in battle has GOT to be fixed

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Again this has caused a serious issue. I have 2 accounts and had a wizard on from both, soloing some fairly easy critters in wintertusk. Both wizards are almost level 100 and have several thousand health.

I stepped away to answer the door, wo rounds went past at 10 seconds a round count down, and that inactivity timer kicked in. The game went into light speed because the computer doesn't have to think about what cards to play and before I could get back, my life wizard with almost 6000 HP was almost dead.

There is NO need for this idle time out. Maybe in wizard city where most of the newbies and small children play and where most of the issue of people just standing there waiting for the timer to count down instead of passing is, but NOT for worlds past that and never for solos.

I don't know what developer thought it was a good idea, I don't know who decided it was needed, but I do know that if it was either not well playtested or the development staff didn't listen to feedback. I'm assuming there was little or not playtesting done. Probably just enough to make sure it was working. Certainly not any to look for issues and problems it would cause.

I'm sick and tired of not being able to step away from the computer when in solo battle now. I don't mean walking off for several minutes at a time, though I should be able to and expect that the normal count down is going to make the battle proceed slow enough that I will have time to get back. I'm talking about stepping away long enough to get a drink of water, or answer the door, or run to the bathroom.;

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Thank you! I too hate this "feature".

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I very much agree.