Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Report or Not to Report

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
I'm starting to rethink my strategy of making friends. I accepted a friend request of a wizard named Malorn LegendShield because he was a higher level, and it's useful to have those friends, right? But then he says, "want some crowns?" I said, "sure, you're just going to give them to me?" I knew there had to be a catch, but I guess I like to humor people [idiots] sometimes. Sure enough, he asked for my username and password. I said I wasn't going to tell him and promptly removed him from my friends. Then I thought about reporting him, but he was already gone.
Do you report someone for something like that, and if so, can you still report them if you removed them from your friends list? I've never done it before - I guess I've had luck in only meeting nice people. This is my first experience with the uglier side of Wizard101, so I've no clue as to what to do.
Help?

Administrator
Soliciting for usernames and passwords is one of the main reasons to report someone.

Doing so will protect other players who are not as savvy as you, and who may be duped out of their accounts.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SleepyStars on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
I'm starting to rethink my strategy of making friends. I accepted a friend request of a wizard named Malorn LegendShield because he was a higher level, and it's useful to have those friends, right? But then he says, "want some crowns?" I said, "sure, you're just going to give them to me?" I knew there had to be a catch, but I guess I like to humor people [idiots] sometimes. Sure enough, he asked for my username and password. I said I wasn't going to tell him and promptly removed him from my friends. Then I thought about reporting him, but he was already gone.
Do you report someone for something like that, and if so, can you still report them if you removed them from your friends list? I've never done it before - I guess I've had luck in only meeting nice people. This is my first experience with the uglier side of Wizard101, so I've no clue as to what to do.
Help?
You can and should report this anytime it happens. You can report people who are not on your friends list by clicking on them and then using the "report" function.