Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a series of unfortunate glitches.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as i type this, i am in the second dungeon of castle darkmoor on my exalted necromancer.

there are 3 of us:my teammates are another exalted necromancer and an exalted theurgist, and we are battling the spirit of darkmoor.

1) npcs are randomly boosting against players, regardless of school;

there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. in the first battle, myth minions boosted against our healer and, for the past two battles, i have been taking boosted fire damage~

(i have been through the dungeon several times on two other wizards (exalted balance and storm), and this has never happened before... as far back as i can remember, npcs have never boosted against players, and since when does fire boost against death, anyway?

i have 41% universal resist, and there is nothing in my stats to indicate that i should be taking boosted fire damage. is this a glitch, or some new cheat that was recently added?

the others are all plainly obvious:

2) spirit of darkmoor's cheat casts~

invisible myth traps + invisible damage over time spell from the fire bone dragon = a recipe for disaster. first-timers through the instance often have no idea that they are taking (boosted) damage, until it is far too late.

(fyi: just because those of us who have done the instance before know that it's totally bugged is not excuse not to fix it)

-von

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I took some "boost" hits recently as well. I was fighting Sir Blackwater with a random team-up group, while trying to use my gold keys up.

No idea how or why it boosted, I just know that it hurt and I had to flee and return as my teammates were all first timers and no one packed heals.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the new dungeons really seem to break, or at least seriously yoga, existing rules Im wondering if boosting on schools that never boosted before is a way for them to introduce new, more heavy-handed attacks. if it's bugged, they need to fix it, but somehow, these new boosts, dont seem like a bug, it seems by design

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I once again suggest that with 108% immunity to each school at choice...
Having myself hit for the exact same amount of damage as my partner who has 53% resist, makes me wonder if 110% pierce is the norm here...

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dayerider on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
the new dungeons really seem to break, or at least seriously yoga, existing rules Im wondering if boosting on schools that never boosted before is a way for them to introduce new, more heavy-handed attacks. if it's bugged, they need to fix it, but somehow, these new boosts, dont seem like a bug, it seems by design
KI wouldn't just change the dungeons without telling us anything, the NPCs didn't boost on players before, so it definitely is a bug.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
lewski on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
KI wouldn't just change the dungeons without telling us anything, the NPCs didn't boost on players before, so it definitely is a bug.
my point was, not that they accidentally changed something, that they now boost BY DESIGN. Another way KI "brute force attacks" the players.

However, if it never happened before, within the confines of the same dungeons, and now it is, then that COULD be a bug. The admins would really need to speak up here. i will say this, if it IS a bug, then it should be fixed :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lewski on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
Bosses never were triggered by pet casting before either. NPC's never had natural pierce ability either. Rules have changed with new dungeons.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
Bosses never were triggered by pet casting before either. NPC's never had natural pierce ability either. Rules have changed with new dungeons.
I meant that the Darkmoor NPCs didn't boost on players before.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lewski on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
I meant that the Darkmoor NPCs didn't boost on players before.
this is what i am referring to.

as i mentioned in the original post, my first two wizards have been through all 3 dungeons many times recently and never took any "boosted" damage from mobs or bosses. but my death wizard took boosted damage through the entire dungeon, often from schools that didn't fit with the established 'rules'.

it would be one thing if the "boosted" damage made sense (life mobs boosting on a death wizard, for example), but it doesn't follow any logical pattern. If this is, in fact, a cheat, would it not then be documented somewhere (central, wiki, etc.).