Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No option to Decline

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
In recently taking a Storm wizard though the Spiral I am finding "optional" quests I used to be able to Decline no longer have that option. Getting future quests from my Prof may be mucked up now that panicked and ported away to avoid the MarleyBone Warehouse instance stuck in my quest book.

Since I am a solo player on this wizard I prefer to be able to pick which optional events I complete. I am not an exceptional player so soloing these events would never happen.

It has been quite annoying to try to have these quests forced on my now.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Northlite on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
In recently taking a Storm wizard though the Spiral I am finding "optional" quests I used to be able to Decline no longer have that option. Getting future quests from my Prof may be mucked up now that panicked and ported away to avoid the MarleyBone Warehouse instance stuck in my quest book.

Since I am a solo player on this wizard I prefer to be able to pick which optional events I complete. I am not an exceptional player so soloing these events would never happen.

That's quite weird, because the only quests you can't decline are story quests. Try sending a ticket in. By the way if you help me get to the Warehouse (and level 50) i'll be glad to help.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I agree, I have had the old Book quest on my Wizards for years, and I have no intention of ever doing them.
I can't delete them, I can go back and refuse them, they just sit there, and I just ignore them.

Same thing with Ranked PVP now, once you sign up, you have to take the match or Flee.
Some times it takes an hour or more for a match to come up, and I may need to do something esle.
Now, I have to accept or Flee, that is just not right.... so wrong....
Really, why change something from good to really really bad.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

I noticed this with Grizzleheim not being optional anymore. there is, however a way around accepting. Before accepting, hit your esc button, then choose your character and hit play. You will go back to the same place, but there will now be a pop-up for you to hit "x" to activate. DON'T.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Back in the June updates changes were made to prevent players from declining ANY main storyline quests. If you are unable to decline a quest, it may be linked to the main story. You can find this info listed in the June 2013 updates under Miscellaneous updates.

"All Mainline story quests can no longer be declined - please let us know if you experience a case of a confused Quest Arrow now that your Quest Arrow should always point to your main line quest unless you manually select a side quest "

If you are certain a quest is optional, contact support.

The Marleybone Warehouse will not prevent you from continuing you game play. I have that same quest on one of my wizards and will eventually do it to clear it out, but since it was changed and no longer required to enter Celestia, it should not present any problems.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I think KI put that in so you would have to follow the main storyline quests. You could always take a break from doing quests. But I also have many unwanted quests in my spellbook.

~ Fallon
Level 45

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RavenLady777 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I noticed this with Grizzleheim not being optional anymore. there is, however a way around accepting. Before accepting, hit your esc button, then choose your character and hit play. You will go back to the same place, but there will now be a pop-up for you to hit "x" to activate. DON'T.
If KI has done this in Grizzleheim as well, then there is a reason. Many times players that have passed up Grizzleheim/WinterTusk and can't not pick up spell/pet quests in the later worlds of the second arc.

Grizz/WT both have to be done in order to get the spell/pet quests. Those really are not optional and haven't been for a long time even though it gave you an option. You either do them or you don't get anymore spells or pets.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My point here is I have a routine I follow when I progress a wizard though the Spiral and now what used to be optional quests are now presenting themselves as main line story quests. The frustration level on some of these instances is not really welcome and I am sure other wizards are getting stuck with them. It has to be realized that some of these quests are difficult for some of us. Some of these quests have taken months to get out of quest books.

For me this is ok because I have always known how to not take any quest I don't intend on doing and I am fully aware of what quests it takes to get me though a world but I play the game with 2 other family members who are going to end up with these difficult quests in their books because they think they have to do it.

Instances I used to be able to Decline: Last instance in Wintertusk given by Mother Raven after collecting all the Seals which I only hand in for the EX and get my school pet quest line completed, this is the least aggravating to be stuck with though because I can get them though there with out least ado, although long no excessive cheating, BriskBreeze, MarleyBone Warehouse, WaterWorks and Helephant Tower.

Since all my other wizards except my original one have not done any of these because I did Decline them and have been able to progress though the game, my thoughts are these are still optional? Its a bit deceiving to preset optional quests as main ones are my thoughts on this.

On the other hand if this is the way it is going to stay from here on in I will learn to live with uncompleted quests if I accidentally take them. I will also make sure the family I group with know how to force refuse them because it only makes it more difficult for me. My biggest issue will be if the arrow starts pointing to them as it has with other land quests we hold in our quest books and they say they don't have the quest we are currently working on - ugh.

Squire
May 10, 2013
I almost forgot - You can't decline Merle Ambrose's quest. Even if it is a side quest