Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

After dying in a boss fight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2013
After dying in a battle say a boss fight the port back to the battle icon is shown in the bottom right hand courner of the screen. Why is it for the last few months if I have no potions left when I port back to wizard city to buy some more this icon disappears and I can't port back to the battle within the specified time frame. And this is very annoying considering I've just spent a considerable amount of time getting rid of the minions only to leave the boss remaining.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
BurnMe12 on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
After dying in a battle say a boss fight the port back to the battle icon is shown in the bottom right hand courner of the screen. Why is it for the last few months if I have no potions left when I port back to wizard city to buy some more this icon disappears and I can't port back to the battle within the specified time frame. And this is very annoying considering I've just spent a considerable amount of time getting rid of the minions only to leave the boss remaining.
I've never seen it just "disappear" except in cases where it times out. Depending on the instance, you can have either 5 minutes or 30 minutes to return to the fight. There are also some circumstances where porting back is not even an option. As far as I know the only way for it to disappear is if you enter another sigil in which case you'll get a warning that the option to port back to the previous instance will be removed.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sometimes, a player won't see a clickable Return to Battle Icon option; and they're not able to port back to their friends or teammates; because some dungeons are configured this way.

Other players make the choice to mark the floor in the dungeon, so they can port back. It cost mana to do this, but its worth it; depending on the boss and their drops.

Since you're familiar with the Return to Battle Icon, you can use this as your reference point.

In the bottom right-hand side of the screen is a compass. And below the compass are four "Go To" icon buttons a player can use, from left to right:

The left-most "Go To" icon button

Go to the Commons/Main Realm Area Go To Button Icon
This "Go To" icon button sends you back to the Commons, or the main Realm Area you're in

The second left-most "Go To" icon button
Go Home
This icon button sends you to whatever house is your selected default house, or your dorm room when you have no house, or no house is selected as your default house

The third "Go To" icon button
Marks your location
Ooh, clicking this button marks the location you're at, so you can return, after buying potions, or doing something else

The fourth "Go To" icon buttonSends you to the location you marked

Here's to you finding all kind of ways to return to your battles and dungeons!

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
It may have switched your realm after you died. Dungeon Recall resets when you change realms. I know this has happened to me in the middle of a boss fight when minions are dead.