Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca low level main quest glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Hey, I think my low level friend has the main quest in Azteca. I thought it was just a side quest he picked up from somewhere. He wanted it out of his quest book so I helped him quest for awhile. After completing quite a few of the Azteca quests we are starting to think it's a main quest.

He now has to defeat Ponce De Gibbon in Saltmedow Swamp and I'm sure that's part of the main quest. He has been able to go into Azteca dungeons at level 42 or so and is now level 47 from all the quests we have done. I have no idea how the glitch started, he said he ported to a friend in Azteca and then picked up an Azteca quest.

I have a couple pictures of him turning in the quest and leveling, I don't know if that would help much. I am new to commenting on here so If it would help where could I send it in? Possibly his friend's quest glitched out and became his own. Has this Glitch happened to anybody else? I'd like to understand why this happened. Thanks!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Are you certain your friend was only lvl 42? If that is the case, then yes, this is a major glitch (that should not have happened) and needs to be brought to the attention of KI.

No wizard should be able to pick a quest in Az without the completion of the main quests in previous worlds and have the quest to progress to the next world.

Most of, if not all the dungeons, especially in Av and Az are port locked which means you have to have the quest or have already done it or you can't port in. This was done to prevent Power Leveling.

Your friend may be setting himself up for more problems with his game by continuing to quest in Az. His best bet at this point is to stop and contact KI.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Are you certain your friend was only lvl 42? If that is the case, then yes, this is a major glitch (that should not have happened) and needs to be brought to the attention of KI.

No wizard should be able to pick a quest in Az without the completion of the main quests in previous worlds and have the quest to progress to the next world.

Most of, if not all the dungeons, especially in Av and Az are port locked which means you have to have the quest or have already done it or you can't port in. This was done to prevent Power Leveling.

Your friend may be setting himself up for more problems with his game by continuing to quest in Az. His best bet at this point is to stop and contact KI.
Yes I am certain he was level 42 or so, I don't know if he is still doing the Azteca quests but next time I see him I'll ask him to contact KI asap. Thanks for the reply.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
shadowpancakes on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Hey, I think my low level friend has the main quest in Azteca. I thought it was just a side quest he picked up from somewhere. He wanted it out of his quest book so I helped him quest for awhile. After completing quite a few of the Azteca quests we are starting to think it's a main quest.

He now has to defeat Ponce De Gibbon in Saltmedow Swamp and I'm sure that's part of the main quest. He has been able to go into Azteca dungeons at level 42 or so and is now level 47 from all the quests we have done. I have no idea how the glitch started, he said he ported to a friend in Azteca and then picked up an Azteca quest.

I have a couple pictures of him turning in the quest and leveling, I don't know if that would help much. I am new to commenting on here so If it would help where could I send it in? Possibly his friend's quest glitched out and became his own. Has this Glitch happened to anybody else? I'd like to understand why this happened. Thanks!

With out "help" this wizard would have a tough go at this world. It is possible to pick up side quests that are available in other worlds so this may have happened, I do know there is a side quest with Gibbon. Altho I find it hard to believe he gained access on his own to Salt Meadow Swamp - in other words can go though the portal with out someone one that can on the other side to port to. Side quests do not unlock areas only main quests will so someone is helping him get into these areas.

In the end if friends don't mind carrying around this wizard, he may lead to dead ends when he doesn't have access to areas.

This sort of leveling really doesn't work out well in the end, this person isn't really interested in playing the game as it should be they just want to leach off others to level up. You skip your main quests and loose access to other worlds not staying where you belong and if you then decide you do like the game you have to back pedal to get on track again.

Also be warned that letting a lower level wizard loose on higher level worlds will cause rudeness of players who look down on this so he should stick with the person(s) who brought him there.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
If you defeat the boss in the hall of plumage it will give you the azteca main i started at lvl 20 and i am already lvl 50 in just 4 hours

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
daytyn1234 on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
If you defeat the boss in the hall of plumage it will give you the azteca main i started at lvl 20 and i am already lvl 50 in just 4 hours
First, how did you manage to port into an instance that you have not previously done nor at level 20 even had the quest for? This is considered as Power Leveling for which KI has taken pains to prevent.

This game is designed for Quest Progression, not just do whatever you want. This is one of the reasons there have been so many threads asking KI to restrict lower level porting......

Many of us that have worked hard to progress our wizards through and don't have a problem with lower levels being able to port and sight see but do have a problem with them being able join battles, pick up quests and XP they have not earned through QUEST PROGRESSION as intended. What you may end up doing in the long run is messing up your account.

This is one instance where I would suggest to KI to remove the gained XP and levels and restore the wizard back to their original level. This is CHEATING no matter how you look at it.

KI fix this Please.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
My friend isn't able to complete anymore quests, he has to talk to Pacal RedMask in the Zocalo but since he didn't do the beginning of Azteca he cannot talk to Pacal RedMask to get the next quest. I hope this doesn't effect his game play in the future but I am glad he has to complete his own quests now.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
shadowpancakes on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
My friend isn't able to complete anymore quests, he has to talk to Pacal RedMask in the Zocalo but since he didn't do the beginning of Azteca he cannot talk to Pacal RedMask to get the next quest. I hope this doesn't effect his game play in the future but I am glad he has to complete his own quests now.
Depending on what KI decides to do about some of the players doing this and the fact they were power leveling. your friend may or may not lose all he gained in Az. As it stands, if his game glitches now when he can rightfully access Az, there is a good chance it is going to foul up his quest line until KI can fix it.

But , I do hope it doesn't mess up future game play for him.