Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wait... doesn't Rasputin know more about us?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I had seen Rasputin, The Rat, Child of Grandfather Spider, many times in Polaris, but doesn't he instantly know why we've come to Polaris, why we're here to find the source of Bartleby's illness that inflicted him immediately after our graduation from Ravenwood? Doesn't he also know that we know much of Cob, the backstory behind him & his Children & our purpose of curing Bartleby? And when reveals himself to be The Rat, shouldn't he know that we were here to stop him from destroying the Sky Anchor & introduces himself to us & any knowledge of curing him from his illness before many events in Polaris had occurred in-between?

It's clear that the many encounters with Rasputin, & before going into battle with him as The Rat in Polaris' last dungeon, should have some dialogue extensions so they can be more immersive with our reason, our goal, & the history between Bartleby, Grandfather Spider, & how much we know of Grandfather Spider's false alias, & know the real source behind Bartleby's illness.

Hope it gets done before Polaris goes Live. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind that for after it goes Live, for, as Librarian Fitzhume said before in his intro post, "We can only make so many changes to Polaris at this point, but your feedback would definitely help influence our approach...", so, I thought I would bring this up to KI's attention.

Again, I really enjoy the approach they're doing from this moment on to focus much more on narrative & storytelling. It's just that there should be more dialogue to make these encounters with him more immersive to our purpose of curing Bartleby from his illness in our adventures in Polaris, & to later encounters with more of Grandfather Spider's Children to arrive.

Though, I'm still thinking that there's a lot more to it than just Bartleby's illness...

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Well I think that Bartelby's illness had to do with the fact that Old Cobb and Rasputin were messing with Polaris.

Angela Gem, Level 110
Katie GoldFountain, Level 90

Survivor
Feb 06, 2015
Yes I agree! I'm not in Polaris because I'm Lv 34 but is Old cob the Grandfather spider?