Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2018
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rawk62 on Oct 20, 2018 wrote:
Why do none of my cards work while in battle
I'm not sure what you mean about them not working so I'm going to have a couple of guesses that might hit the nail on the head...and if not, you can get back to us so we can rethink! Also, I am assuming you're a new wizard because of the date you joined...if you're not new please forgive me if these possibilities are 'too basic'!

1. Have you got mana? Mana is our magical energy used for casting spells and marking a location. It's stored in the blue orb at the bottom left of our screen. If it runs out we can only cast spells that use zero pips and we can not mark a new location until we collect some blue wisps to replenish our supply.

2. Do you have enough pips for the spell? Most spells require pips to cast them. We can collect single white pips or yellow power pips that count for double. If a spell costs 3 pips and we only have 1 or 2 it will be greyed out until we collect enough to cast it. We get an extra pip (either white or yellow) every round of the battle. If we don't have enough pips to cast the spell we can either pass or use zero pip spells while we build up enough to use the spell.

It's useful to familiarise ourselves with the number of pips needed for different spells and to notice those that are zero pips - they can be very helpful! To get more yellow pips that are worth 2 basic pips, we can equip gear that gives a power pip boost.

Was it either of these? Let us know! If it's not either of the above, please give some more details specifying which spells it is, your wizard's school and where it is happening...just in case it is a bug!

Good luck and I hope this helps!