Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Spell Freezes At 11 Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
I was helping a friend farm for gear in Darkmoor. As I was fighting Yevgeny NightCreeper, one of his Anguished Wraith minions had 11 pips, and used an ice spell. As soon as it was cast, my screen froze, and I had to relog into the game. It wasn't just me, but my whole team. It wasn't just a one time thing. When we ran this dungeon another time, the same thing happened, but this time Yevgeny was the one who had 11 pips and cast the ice spell.

I figured out it could have been one of two ice spells: Frost Giant (7 Pips) or Lord of Winter (10 Pips), since they are the two ice attack spells Yevgeny and his minions have in common. At first I thought it was Frost Giant, causing the screen freeze, but that was not the case, as the minions were casting those spells and nothing happened. If it was not Frost Giant, then I thought it was for sure Lord of Winter causing this freeze, since it was the other spell they have in common, and I have not yet seen Lord of Winter in action since the Fall 2022 update came out. This freeze is not limited to the dungeon, since I also experienced this in the monstrodome with the same creatures.

Sometime after finishing the dungeon, I used the Lord of Winter spell, and the freeze did not happen. If the spell is not responsible for the screen freeze, I don't know what is. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
There is another thread titled " Morganthe Bug " that is talking about this same issue. I posted in there how I was fighting Blue Razors in Kharysalis ( which are ice ) and had the same thing happen twice. the only link I see is it being an ice spell cast by NPCs.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Lord of Winter crashes when I cast it. Might it be that?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
I didn't see that, sorry. I think this may be a bug with the enemies casting the spell. I used an Anguished Wraith monstrology minion (the same creature that casted the spell and froze my screen), and it cast Lord of Winter without freezing my screen. Hopefully they fix this bug soon!