Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chronomancy spells / Boss Battles / spell card design

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2015
As i reach the world of Mirage, a character comes up as a "Chronomancer" and with the release of the new spellwriting spells, i think you really could convert those cards, and implement the new school of chronomancy, what i think of as chronomancy would be a school combo of star aura spells and sun enchantment spells, i view the spell card to be a sort of pink color, you could also use this to introduce new designs on spell cards, like clocks or hourglass designs on chronomancy, or flames on a fire spell, or sandy textures on a balance school (or equilibrium designs) adding more character to spell cards, rather the bold colors for spell cards. The type of spells for example when it comes to chronomancy, would be similar to the new daybreak ect spells, but also a new take on aura spells, you could cast an offensive aura on an enemy, blocking pip gain for 2 rounds, or a freeze time aura spell, that would exile the enemy/player from battle interactions, no one can interact with that player, they would be "defeated" just a spell to mimic the defeat mechanic, and other spells that could be seen as "cheat" level spells. you could even add a new area, similar to Olympus, introduced by Qismah Shasa and the chronomancy cats, im not sure how the cobal will be fitting into the story, or how to introduce the school into the arcanum, i could see a bridge portal added to the center under the spiral, but again, im unsure how the story goes past mirage at this point. Adding more complicated spell mechanics to the game can cause an over powering feel to the already overpowering feel of the wizard, you can contest this by adding new boss mechanics, its fairly obvious that players can seem extremely powerful, to the point where after a player goes through the arc story, they just one hit the boss that was seeming to cause such a stir in the spiral, a way of changing this would be to add a health bar barrier on the health indicator below the boss on the battle sigil, these barriers would prevent further damage passing it, adding this mechanic can also have the ability to enrich storylines, giving the boss a feel of interaction with the player in battle, it can have the ability to trigger polymorph reactions for an evolutionary feel in battle, it could trigger dialog, there are many things you can do with this mechanic to add more to the experience of the game, showing the player, this boss means it, and this is why the boss is a trouble to the spiral, as i've said before, i'm only in mirage so i'm unsure if something like this exists as a boss cheat, but how i imagine it, is a bright line/lines on the health bar in the battle sigil, thus giving room for boss cheats, and aura spells.