Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Minions Matter!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
So with getting back into the game recently and starting to delve deeper into the community, I'm really starting to feel the common sentiment of Myth being just mid. Look, as much as we preach "Myth Gang" and all that, it's really just not all that great. So to alleviate some of those feelings of inferiority, I want to present some fixes and features, particularly for the Minions, that could very well skyrocket the enjoyment of the Myth school. Also to preface, these changes would apply to Myth wizards only as to keep and amplify their rightful gimmick.

1. Just let us summon more Minions - Sure, the Monstrology bonus is nice, but it's tacky all things considered. I mean, for Bartleby's sake, we're called Conjurers after all. Let us do some real conjuring! I should be able to take advantage of my own school's spells and unique trait (which, let's face it, isn't too unique being that each school gets a minion anyways) and create my own hoard. And it's not like it'd be so terribly overpowered either. It takes some effort and straying from a more optimal game plan to even set something like that up. Additionally, Minions aren't even allowed in PVP, so what's even the real trouble here? Nothing, it's just a little more fun for a needlessly neglected school. Let us conjure!

2. Give us more control - I'm sure a couple of us have been there. You set up for the big move, your minion got some chip damage in, and you set up a Feint. Come next turn and you're ready to deliver the finishing blow but- Oops! You fizzle, your minion wastes your Feint with a Troll or something and your enemy punishes you with the +30% you so graciously gifted them with and boy do you feel like a real sucker. Simple fix! Let us, their Conjurers, choose their spells for them! I cannot even begin to count how many times my Minotaur was just a Tower Shield hoarding free-loader while I was left to just deal with the incoming assault, instead of standing proudly as the beefy tank he was always meant to be! I think he only used Taunt like twice in the dozens of times I've summoned him. So, simply just gives us an additional spell select menu after we select our own spell for more calculated plays. Myth is supposed to be the more refined, wiseman's class after all.

All in all, Minions just need a genuine overhaul, and not just changing around a couple spells and AI tinkering. This school means a lot to me and I want it to get all the love and attention it deserves. I hope I was clear with my points and this reaches KingsIsle's heart. And of course... Myth Gang

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
I agree that minions as originally designed are obsoleted in this game.
Anyone over level 50 has long given up on using them.
Some of their unique spells they use requires archmastery school pips.
Unless you as a myth, trains in monsterology, these minions are quickly
defeated before they can even help, wasting your pips used to create them.
They have no or limited team skills, like wasting setup traps and feints,
becoming selfish vs helpful in battle.

Being able to design you minions deck, with A "limited" selection of spells
based upon the minions level, would make them more useful.
Being able to name them (healer, shielder, taunter, blader)
would allow you to select your Golum knowing what they do.

Many things like critical, archmastery, pierce did not exist when
minions were created, maybe they should be adjusted:
Uber block: since they don't critical.
Have treasure cards that don't require archmastery.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1) minion is a generic term. I define a minion as somebody who can fight for me than I have to summon to the battle. With that definition, Monstrology monsters ARE minions. Monstrology was the fix for minions, and if you're Myth, and don't train them, you're missing out. During one single double animus/experience weekend, back in 2020, I was able to get a total of 25 each of Death, Myth, Life, and Balance Tree Root monsters (yes, for a total of 100 Monstrology monsters). The tree roots are gotten right before the shadow palace, where you find the last orb (as I recall) in khrysalis. Those things are quite potent. They don't cheat, BUT, they all have right abound 12,000 HP, and you can summon a total of 3 at a time. That's a pretty potent combo if you dont need to have a specific strategy to beat a monster (ie, one that cheats a lot). Also, I hear a great place to farm others is the Ghost Maze in Mirage. It may be unintended, but somebody in my facebook group said that they always stay in their "zero damage form", so they can't be killed ever. While none of them have healing spells, just them sitting there being attack absorbers is a HUGE benefit. So long as you dont die, you are guaranteed to win the fight (again, barring any cheats the boss you're fighting may have).

2) This has been asked for for almost the past decade and hasnt happened yet. I don't think it ever will, but I agree it should.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
There is a simple fix for minions and would take kingsisle a day to implement in. Create a spellement path that starts at 1 and goes up to 5. The limit of the spells growth is its pip cost. A rank 1 spell can only be upgraded 1 time. Each upgrade improves the minions rank by (n+1) + (A+n) where n is the spells current rank, A is minions pip cost, A is equal to the set value of the minions strength.

Eg: summon 0 pip myth minion, is by default rank 0. At upgrade lvl 1 (1+1) + (0+1) =3.
This minion now is rank 3 in hp, defense, and damage

Eg: 3 pip summons minotaur spell, by default is 3. At upgrade 1: (4+1) + (3+4) = 11. The minion now is rank 11. If a spellement path raises the cost to 4 WITHOUT UPGRADE, the equation auto handles it. (3+1) + (4+3) = 11.

Now let's assume you want to upgrade a spell twice or three times. I will use life minion as an example.

Cost=4, Rank =1, upgrade 1
(2+1) + (4+1) = 8

Upgrade 2: (8+1) + (4+1) = 14

Upgrade 3: (14+1) + (4+1) = 19

Upgrade 4: (19+1) + (4+1)= 25

Yes I am well aware that a rank 25 minion is overpowered as it would have 8000hp, and be equal to a level 160. My suggestion assumes the devs will go back and alter the values and ranks of various summons.

I recommend that all 1 pip summons get changed to 0 pips, and spell rank to 0.

Likewise:
3 pip minions to 1: and rank 1
4 pip minions to 2, and rank 2
5 pip minion to 2, and rank 3
7 pip minions to 3 and rank 4.

Apologies if this is somewhat technical, but in reality a simple fix.