Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crown shop issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Hey, so I was suggested to post on this forum from an automated reply from KI.

So, I was in the commons the other day and a guy was bored and didn't have membership so I was gonna buy it for him but the price in the crowns shop is 8k crowns, not 10$ 5k crowns that I'm use to. When I went to purchase more crowns I noticed that the value of the crowns in bulk were cheaper than the crown shop states the price to be. Yet, I had a bigger issue with it going to cost 16$ minimum or 20$ just to gift this guy a elixir.

The second issue I took up was that there are 39$ bundles for a gauntlet and 7,500 crowns when for the same price
39$ I could get more items buying another bundle that gave 5k crowns, a gauntlet, a 2 person mount, a pet, gear, and a wand.

The prices on stuff seems to be off, I wrote KI support and included photographs of what I was talking about but I got an auto reply to take it to forum.

So, what gives? What's going on in the crowns shop? Will these prices get fixed to reflect their actual value?
Should I try and write support again for a person to actually respond to me?

Administrator
Eric Lionheart on Oct 19, 2023 wrote:
Hey, so I was suggested to post on this forum from an automated reply from KI.

So, I was in the commons the other day and a guy was bored and didn't have membership so I was gonna buy it for him but the price in the crowns shop is 8k crowns, not 10$ 5k crowns that I'm use to. When I went to purchase more crowns I noticed that the value of the crowns in bulk were cheaper than the crown shop states the price to be. Yet, I had a bigger issue with it going to cost 16$ minimum or 20$ just to gift this guy a elixir.

The second issue I took up was that there are 39$ bundles for a gauntlet and 7,500 crowns when for the same price
39$ I could get more items buying another bundle that gave 5k crowns, a gauntlet, a 2 person mount, a pet, gear, and a wand.

The prices on stuff seems to be off, I wrote KI support and included photographs of what I was talking about but I got an auto reply to take it to forum.

So, what gives? What's going on in the crowns shop? Will these prices get fixed to reflect their actual value?
Should I try and write support again for a person to actually respond to me?
Thanks Eric for reporting the concerns to support! That's definitely a good way to reach us about in-game issues and concerns.

We'll check out the pricing, as we're continually updating shop information.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Highly doubt this is a bug. It's intentional pricing and a slight tax when it comes to gifting membership.