Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are school pips bugged?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Something is not working right with school pips. Here are 2 examples that leave me scratching my head.

I'm playing a Myth wizard for example. I have 2 cards:
  • Ninja Pigs - 4 pips, one of which must be a myth school pip
  • Earthquake - 6 pips, doesn't require a myth school pip

1. When I had 3 myth school pips, Earthquake was available to cast, but Ninja Pigs was not.
  2. When I had 2 myth school pips and a power pip, both Earthquake and Ninja Pigs were available to cast.
  3. When I had 2 myth school pips and a regular pip, neither were available to cast.
  4. When I had 1 school pip and 2 regular pips, neither were available to cast.
  5. When I had 1 power pip, and 2 regular pips, neither were available to cast.
  6. When I had 2 myth school pips only, neither were available.

Earthquake I understand, I need some combination of pips and power pips that == 6 pips, and myth school pips == a power pip for Myth school wizards.

I don't understand Ninja Pigs at all. In option 1, 3, and 6, based on how school pips have been explained, Ninja Pigs should have been available to cast, but wasn't. Why? I had a myth school pip, and the equivalent of 4-6 pips, but the spell still wasn't available to cast.

And yet, if I switch my school to be Life school pips, I can cast Satyr - 4 pips, no life school pip requirement) if I have 1 life school pip and 2 regular pips, or if I have 2 life school pips.

Is this a bug, or do I not understand how school pips work, or have school pips not been explained correctly yet?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
I have had the same issue with Deer Knight; I thought it was just me that was confused on how its supposed to work.(having the required pips plus the death pip should cast but doesn't, seems to require all death pips?).
I would love some clarity about this as well.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
You require the number of normal pips PLUS the school pip on top of it to use those spells with school pip requirements