Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shared family account questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2018
I cannot seem to find an answer and I hope I am asking in the correct place.

As a parent if I set up shared family accounts linked to one account can those linked accounts play at the same time or is it considered one account and only one person be logged on and playing at a time? I have two kiddos and want to make sure if they both want to they can play at the same time while being on a shared family account, or should I just make them their own different accounts. Also would I have to pay for a membership for each one if they are on a family linked account? And can they trade pets and gear if on the family linked account?

Thank you.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
lilMommaWolfie on Aug 25, 2018 wrote:
I cannot seem to find an answer and I hope I am asking in the correct place.

As a parent if I set up shared family accounts linked to one account can those linked accounts play at the same time or is it considered one account and only one person be logged on and playing at a time? I have two kiddos and want to make sure if they both want to they can play at the same time while being on a shared family account, or should I just make them their own different accounts. Also would I have to pay for a membership for each one if they are on a family linked account? And can they trade pets and gear if on the family linked account?

Thank you.
Hi

Linked accounts can be logged in at the same time. Each individual account can have up to 6 wizards and they can only be played one at a time. Linked accounts can be logged in at the same time though

Linked accounts will still require a membership per account, but by linking them you can get a discount on the monthly subscription (instead of $10 per account each month they're $7 each). The best deal for membership is $60 for the entire year (making each account $5 per month) but it does mean paying it all at once which might be a difficult decision especially if they're still trying out the game. I'd recommend this once you know they love it though!

Items (pets, gear etc) belong to the account. They can be traded via the shared bank to other wizards on the account, but can not be traded between linked accounts. It makes sure mischievous siblings don't go looting their sibling's best drops

A huge advantage of linked accounts is that you will be able to buy crowns in bulk to take advantage of the lowest prices but have full control of distributing them. You can store them on a linked account only you can access then move them easily to the kid's accounts when you want to. You can help them budget and make sure the distribution is fair. You can move any number of crowns you want to and they can be moved as many times as you want. The effect is immediate so they won't be having to wait on them showing on their wizard

You might also want to turn off gifting too. This will make sure they use their crowns for their own wizards and are not persuaded to buy things for other people instead. Gifting is a fun feature but younger children can find it difficult to say no to someone being persuasive. It could be easier for them to be able to say gifting is deactivated. They will still be able to receive gifts if gifting is off, it only prevents giving them.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else - I'm a mum who loves W101