Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deckathalon Pet and Deck questions.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I have recently begun considering getting a Deck and raising a custom Pet for the Deckathalon. I never really did the Deckathalon that much, so I want the opinions of those that are more regular participants. I have some particular questions about the two.

Regarding Deck: I can't conceivably imagine myself getting a high-tier Deck for all seven Deckathalons, so I want a Deck from regular play that is best suited for it.

Is it more worthwhile to use a Deck with a Triangle or Tear socket? Do Item Cards from Jewels in Decks work, or is it more worthwhile to get some extra Health?

Regarding Pets: I know that stats from Pets don't apply in the Deckathalon, so I'm going for a Pet with as many Maycasts as possible.

Is it more worthwhile to have Sprite or Sprite Queen on a Pet? Is there any benefit to having both?

Does Power Play have an effect, or is it bad idea?

Is it better to have Balanceblade, Dragonblade, or even Steal Charm?

If I want to weaken my enemies, it it more worthwhile to use maycast Plague or Smoke Screen. or something else?

Are there any other spells that would be good to have?

Sorry if I sound like a bother with all these questions, but I really want to have other people's opinions before I start hatching. Thanks in advance!