Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catching Up To Friends?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2020
So, my friends are both level 41 and 53. I myself am 44. I'm a Fire wizard, but I've been getting an itch to switch over to Myth...I know their damage is not as great, and they're somewhat mediocre in that department, but...I think I like their utility a bit more. It just looks to me where Myth lacks in damage they make up in utility and the removing of buffs and defenses (Correct me if I'm wrong) Also, the theme of Myth is just more appealing to me. That being said, I'd be fine to spend maybe $20 if there was a way to switch schools but I know that's not an option really. I wanted to ask if anyone could maybe help me figure out perhaps the most efficient way to catch up if I were to want to switch to Myth. Before anyone mentions it, no I can't exactly get help from them. If anything it'd just annoy them which is why I want to do it as quick as possible. I understand it's pretty unrealistic, so I understand if there isn't exactly a good way to go about this. But I thought I'd at least see what people on the forums had to say. I'd appreciate any help. I've got a level 16 Myth, but those are my only two Wizards.

(PS, thank you for taking the time to answer my post should you choose to do so! )

Administrator
RelaxWithMyHorns on May 3, 2020 wrote:
So, my friends are both level 41 and 53. I myself am 44. I'm a Fire wizard, but I've been getting an itch to switch over to Myth...I know their damage is not as great, and they're somewhat mediocre in that department, but...I think I like their utility a bit more. It just looks to me where Myth lacks in damage they make up in utility and the removing of buffs and defenses (Correct me if I'm wrong) Also, the theme of Myth is just more appealing to me. That being said, I'd be fine to spend maybe $20 if there was a way to switch schools but I know that's not an option really. I wanted to ask if anyone could maybe help me figure out perhaps the most efficient way to catch up if I were to want to switch to Myth. Before anyone mentions it, no I can't exactly get help from them. If anything it'd just annoy them which is why I want to do it as quick as possible. I understand it's pretty unrealistic, so I understand if there isn't exactly a good way to go about this. But I thought I'd at least see what people on the forums had to say. I'd appreciate any help. I've got a level 16 Myth, but those are my only two Wizards.

(PS, thank you for taking the time to answer my post should you choose to do so! )
Welcome to the Spiral, RelaxWithMyHorns! Interesting name you have there.

I'm sure several Myth Wizards roaming these forums can provide some advice here.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2020
Sparck on May 4, 2020 wrote:
Welcome to the Spiral, RelaxWithMyHorns! Interesting name you have there.

I'm sure several Myth Wizards roaming these forums can provide some advice here.
Thank you for the welcome,

I think I may just get the Level 50 Elixir. I understand it's a lot of money, but I want to play with my friends and what good would it be if I'm not enjoying myself while playing? I'd have more fun playing Myth so I may as well fork over the cash so I'm able to have a good time while playing with my friends. Fire just isn't quite for me.