Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem AFK Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2015
I've been playing a lot of Beastmoon monster mayhem matches, and there is one big problem that I'm experiencing with most games: people disconnecting or going AFK in the middle of matches. This is a huge disadvantage to the entire team, and a great round can go completely to waste if someone just leaves in the middle of a match.

There should be some sort of compensation to the team if this happens. For instance, if someone leaves or disconnects mid-match, the team should receive a time bonus to make up for the lost player. This would really make the matches better, rather than you simply hoping that no one ends up leaving in the middle of the game.

Developer
Thank you for the feedback. That is an interesting idea but one that would probably be abused if implemented. As you know the Mayhem events can be very challenging.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
I feel like there would be a middle ground of some sort? Compensation that's there to make it less cataclysmic to lose a player, but not sufficient enough to warrant triggering it intentionally. Alternatively, a participation trophy for halfway marks in rounds? A lot of people leave instantly if things don't go well because there really isn't a reason to stay if the rewards are lacking.