Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet - What Happened To The Gold Keys?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Why were gold keys removed as drops from the Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet? I purchased the gauntlet specifically for that reason and they are no longer there. What happened?

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
They just made gold keys way harder to obtain. The reason because they want spellments easier to get and drops to be better?

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
congvo2001 on Sep 3, 2022 wrote:
They just made gold keys way harder to obtain. The reason because they want spellments easier to get and drops to be better?
Its more like they wanted to justify the value of getting Lore spells in the form of spellements that were exclusive to packs and lore master, even though some were made craftable already. The big issue here as the OP stated making gold keys very exclusive to previous loot table was already a direct blow to players who haven't invested time in Darkmoor.
I being one of the fortune few grinded that place over 2000 times and had just enough keys to farm all the lore spells possible for my schools. I think perhaps giving us a better way of crafting them right now thats not restricted to pvp or Decathalons and Beastmoon hunt events would be an ideal goal. Perhaps adding keys also as a drop to fishing chest would help but that's also a major randomization.