Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quality of Life changes that would make Wizard101 10x better

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Hello!

Chase Spritehunter here, and I've been a Wizard101 player since late 2008 and think these ideas would improve the QOL of everyone who plays this game with friends/family.

1. When questing with a friend on a multi-person mount, please fix the bug where they're stuck on top of you in an instance/non-mount area and cannot move independently immediately.

2. Remove the delay on multi-person mounts for the friend that is utilizing the other persons mount. Any instance you go in, there's a 3-5 second delay for the friend behind the main person.

3. When joining team-up with a friend in a group with you, allow both people to join the same team in team-up. Separating the group you're in defeats the purpose of team-up.

4. Allow all AOE spells to hit all targets at once, to cut individual attack animations that take forever (Ex: Ice Angel)

5. When talking to an NPC who has the main quest and a side quest, after taking the main quest, dont force the side-quest on the wizard, and if so, allow the decline option, not only accept.

6. When joining a mob-fight on a multi-person mount, allow the person who is the owner of the mount to be in the first slot in combat.

7. All NPC interaction with quests should have the option to skip through the dialogue/cut scene. Forcing players to watch cut-scenes or wait on dialogue is ridiculous, especially if you've done this quest 5 other times on your other characters.

Some of these ideas (mostly the mount ones) probably should be under the bugs section, but these changes could make the game significantly better.

Have a wonderful day!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
#4 has been asked for soo many times. They did SOME of them, but I agree they need to do the rest. I would also say that Snow Angel's hits should stay the same speed. They have the fastest hit animation in the game on their over time hits. The pointer spins to them and the hit animation happens almost at the same time, where as fire dragon would first point to the enemy, then it would take a second or two to initiate the hit.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
dayerider on Mar 21, 2023 wrote:
#4 has been asked for soo many times. They did SOME of them, but I agree they need to do the rest. I would also say that Snow Angel's hits should stay the same speed. They have the fastest hit animation in the game on their over time hits. The pointer spins to them and the hit animation happens almost at the same time, where as fire dragon would first point to the enemy, then it would take a second or two to initiate the hit.
I'm not talking about the damage over time animation, the initial casting of snow angel's animation.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
AcroFlipper on Mar 22, 2023 wrote:
I'm not talking about the damage over time animation, the initial casting of snow angel's animation.
right, I understand, that is long, and yes, should be shortened. What I was talking about KEEPING was the speed of the damage over time hits. Those are the fastest in the game and no matter what they do to the first half of the spell, keep those on the back half of the hell. Dont ruin what works perfectly already is my point :)