Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ada Airedale needs more spells!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2020
Hiya,

I've just started playing around with the new castle magic spells offered by Ada Airedale, some of which make use of the interactive musical instruments. I thought it would be cool to basically make a "Garage band" house with all the instruments where a player could change the track of each one individually.

A few problems.

1. There's no way to silence one instrument once it starts. Babbage Basset's spell "Silence Item" just doesn't work on the instruments, and Ada's spell "Stop Music" stops all the music, not just the targeted instrument. Obviously that spell is working as it should, but there needs to be a spell for "Stop Loop" or something, which ideally would only occur at the end of the current loop. If nothing else, please make "Silence Item" work on the instruments.

2. Timing. The track changes the instant the player tells it to. For now, I'm using a jump detector which means I have to time the jump perfectly to coincide with the start of the loop. Almost impossible. Could be solved by the track only changing once the current loop starts over, if there is one already playing. I might be able to solve this with timers and computers or something but yeah... yikes. (If anyone has any tips for this kind of thing, I'd appreciate it.)

3. Volume control. The trumpet is too loud, the bass is too quiet and there's no way for me to change that. A "Make item louder/quieter" spell might be good.

4. All the loops play to infinity. There should be "Play loop X once" spells to facilitate playing around. Thankfully, the loops seem to be 8 seconds long, so I think I can work around it, but it would be nice if it were easier.

5. Interacting with one of the instruments stops all the others playing, so there's no way to join the jam sesh! What is the point of being able to input notes if you can't play along with other instruments?! It doesn't seem unreasonable to want to play something I actually know on the piano with some drums in the background.

6. The whole "record your own loops" thing does not seem to work at all as described in the "Musical Instruments Help" text. This could be a really awesome tool if you can get it working with Ada's spells.

I'll probably think of more but that's it for now.

Thanks for reading