Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adventure Parties - An Integrated Message Board System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2018
Adventure parties are a great addition to the game. However, I feel like more could be added in the future or done to tailor the experience more for fostering your own small, private community of wiz buddies.

Adventure parties come with a nice private party window, but what if it there was also some sort of status update/message board designed specifically for the adventure parties?

Of course, the following would probably be applied:
  • The use of some sort of chat filter system, this goes without saying but I choose to specify it here anyways.
  • After the Adventure Party is disbanded, the corresponding message boards are lost/irrecoverable.
  • Show the Wizard's head next to their message, their name, etc
  • The message board is restricted only to the members of the Adventure Party.

So isn't this just wizard social media? No, actually, it could be the first way to coordinate questing and different activities in-game with your friends without the use of third-party chat services or clients.

Because you cannot save or send messages for someone to view when they log on while you are off, I think this would be a really fun addition to the game. I also think in general it would be a fun feature both to implement and use.

Currently, the Adventure Party system doesn't seem to have much purpose, especially for questing. It's already so easy to find a questing buddy with other features like the "friendly quester" feature and team up, I think if the Social Kiosk implemented something like this, whether it be in the Adventure Party system itself or perhaps independent of it, it would make the game a lot more fun. I love the community aspect of this game, so anything to improve that aspect of the game I support. I hope there is something in this post that could be useful for anyone working on the game trying to improve the community aspect!