Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A mage returning to claim his power of the storm!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Hi there everyone. I took a rather long break from this game and then played a bit and then stopped again. To be honest, I kind of just went with the flow of things and took on whatever quest. I have no idea what to do now. I'm in the area with all the lions and zebras and have a few quest. Though to be honest I feel like I"m not doing enough damage or have any clue what I should be focused on. I could be wrong. So really this is more a question about gearing.

Currently my highest wizard is a lvl 73

Current gear is
Skyscream hood
Skyscream cape
Senators downpour shoes
Ares watersprout spear
Claw of the spirit wolf
Shangos stormblade amulet
Amethyst ring of battle

It seems a lot of my gear is 60 or below. Where would you recommend to farm for gear for a lvl 70?

Administrator
Hinao245 on Sep 24, 2018 wrote:
Hi there everyone. I took a rather long break from this game and then played a bit and then stopped again. To be honest, I kind of just went with the flow of things and took on whatever quest. I have no idea what to do now. I'm in the area with all the lions and zebras and have a few quest. Though to be honest I feel like I"m not doing enough damage or have any clue what I should be focused on. I could be wrong. So really this is more a question about gearing.

Current gear is
Skyscream hood
Skyscream cape
Senators downpour shoes
Ares watersprout spear
Claw of the spirit wolf
Amethyst ring of battle

It seems a lot of my gear is 60 or below. Where would you recommend to farm for gear for a lvl 70?
Welcome back Hinao245!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hinao245 on Sep 24, 2018 wrote:

Current gear is
Skyscream hood
Skyscream cape
Senators downpour shoes
Ares watersprout spear
Claw of the spirit wolf
Amethyst ring of battle

Welcome back!

Oooh you're in Zafaria! I love that world! It's so pretty and the music is really cool!

I'm not sure about your gear set other than it might be worth looking at the waterworks (skyscream) boots and comparing them to what you have to see if they are worth farming for. The other bits I'm not so sure about - I don't remember what mine used at that level.

The other thing you might like is a good storm pet. Something with trip damage, double critical could be very helpful to you. You might prefer opting for more damage than that, it's up to you. If you want any help with pets and hatching I am happy to explain things and help you in any way I can. I love the pets in this game and have made some really nice ones so I have a better variety to share with anyone who wants them too

Again, welcome back, I hope you have loads of fun adventuring in the Spiral and making new friends

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 24, 2018 wrote:
Welcome back!

Oooh you're in Zafaria! I love that world! It's so pretty and the music is really cool!

I'm not sure about your gear set other than it might be worth looking at the waterworks (skyscream) boots and comparing them to what you have to see if they are worth farming for. The other bits I'm not so sure about - I don't remember what mine used at that level.

The other thing you might like is a good storm pet. Something with trip damage, double critical could be very helpful to you. You might prefer opting for more damage than that, it's up to you. If you want any help with pets and hatching I am happy to explain things and help you in any way I can. I love the pets in this game and have made some really nice ones so I have a better variety to share with anyone who wants them too

Again, welcome back, I hope you have loads of fun adventuring in the Spiral and making new friends
Ah, thanks. Overall the boots do 5% less damage but have 4% pierce. Might have to go farming for those boots. I currently have storm hound. 4% pip chance and storm blade are the only useful things it has. I honestly have no idea how pets work in this game lol So getting some advice on them would really help. Thanks.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hinao245 on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Ah, thanks. Overall the boots do 5% less damage but have 4% pierce. Might have to go farming for those boots. I currently have storm hound. 4% pip chance and storm blade are the only useful things it has. I honestly have no idea how pets work in this game lol So getting some advice on them would really help. Thanks.
If you're up for it we could meet in game and I'll show you a selection of my storm pets that I think would be best for you. You can choose whichever you like and I can help you make a copy. I can talk you through the process and explain everything bit by bit as we do it. Then you won't just get a helpful storm pet, you'll also be able to make any pets you want in future too

Before you decide you should be aware it is a process and will take multiple hatches. You can also decide if you want to make:

A copy - max stats, full clean pool
A decent pet - high stats, all the important talents you want but not necessarily full 'clean pool'

I recommend a copy but it will take more hatches. I'm happy to do either and you can change your mind at any point eg you want to make a copy but it gets frustrating or you chose to make a good enough pet to help you but decide to push it to max stats etc

If you'd like to meet in game just let me know your wizard name and availability over the next week (include time zone) and I'll give some times I can meet up

If you'd rather ask some questions on here instead, go ahead and I'll help on here...I can also pop some nice storm pets into the kiosk for you to hatch with if you prefer that to meeting

It's all up to you and I'm happy to help in whatever way suits you best...I do love a pet project, it's so satisfying when someone gets a great pet!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
If you're up for it we could meet in game and I'll show you a selection of my storm pets that I think would be best for you. You can choose whichever you like and I can help you make a copy. I can talk you through the process and explain everything bit by bit as we do it. Then you won't just get a helpful storm pet, you'll also be able to make any pets you want in future too

Before you decide you should be aware it is a process and will take multiple hatches. You can also decide if you want to make:

A decent pet - high stats, all the important talents you want but not necessarily full 'clean pool'

I recommend a copy but it will take more hatches. I'm happy to do either and you can change your mind at any point eg you want to make a copy but it gets frustrating or you chose to make a good enough pet to help you but decide to push it to max stats etc

If you'd like to meet in game just let me know your wizard name and availability over the next week (include time zone) and I'll give some times I can meet up

If you'd rather ask some questions on here instead, go ahead and I'll help on here...I can also pop some nice storm pets into the kiosk for you to hatch with if you prefer that to meeting

It's all up to you and I'm happy to help in whatever way suits you best...I do love a pet project, it's so satisfying when someone gets a great pet!
I mean to me as not knowing about pets at all, having the important talents seems more important. Though I could be wrong lol. I'll go with your recommendations and do the copy. Though I don't know what you mean by clean pool.

Tyler Stormcatcher lvl 74 is the storm char I'll be sticking with. Anytime on weekdays after 6pm EST will work, or any time on the weekends will work. Looking forward to making a great pet :D

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hinao245 on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
I mean to me as not knowing about pets at all, having the important talents seems more important. Though I could be wrong lol. I'll go with your recommendations and do the copy. Though I don't know what you mean by clean pool.

Tyler Stormcatcher lvl 74 is the storm char I'll be sticking with. Anytime on weekdays after 6pm EST will work, or any time on the weekends will work. Looking forward to making a great pet :D
Awesome, I'm 5 hours ahead of you (UK time).

The trickiest thing is connecting in game but once we're connected it will be easy to catch me for hatches. I find the easiest way to connect (because posts here don't show immediately) is for me to do any waiting about and you to just pop down to the hatchery and see if I am there. If I'm not there just try again the next day, don't waste your game play time waiting. I have 2 accounts so any time I am waiting there I can still be doing things on my other account so it isn't a big deal for me

This week I will pop a wizard in Dworgyn realm hatchery at 6:30pm Eastern time (11:30pm UK time) every evening I am on. She will either be called Melissa Stormheart or Fiona Frogfinder. Just pop down and see if I'm there then the first time we're both on we'll be able to connect

I'll find some nice pets for you to choose from and I can explain the process as we go along...you'll have a lovely pet to help you in your adventures soon! Cya soon!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:

I may be running on my ice as well

Oran Icerider

Those are the only two wizards I use.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hinao245 on Sep 29, 2018 wrote:
I may be running on my ice as well

Oran Icerider

Those are the only two wizards I use.
Hiya,

I've been there Sunday and Monday but haven't seen you on either wizzy. Will keep trying, cya soon!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
Hiya,

I've been there Sunday and Monday but haven't seen you on either wizzy. Will keep trying, cya soon!
Sorry >_< I didn’t know you would be on Sunday, and Monday went out to celebrate someone’s d day lol. I got on yesterday lol. I should be on rest of the week at the time ya mentioned

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi

It's cool we've connected in game now and meeting for the next hatches should be easy. I wanted to make sure that you also know you can still post to here as well if we find we're missing each other online. You've got both my main storms so it shouldn't be difficult in game but we still have here as a secondary method of communicating and I'll still be keeping my eye out here too

Cya again soon