Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Rules

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2016
So far, the 5th age in PvP has been marked by "balancing" the schools with their own respective advantages and disadvantages, however the format and rule changes are starting to get excessive. Personally, I favor a return to the original PvP system, where you achieved a higher rank only if you beat more experienced players. This would mostly eliminate the practice of rank farming and boosting, because of the difficulty that's required to increase your rank. I think the current format is too heavily biased in favor of experienced and seasoned players and encourages exploitation rather than actually earning the path to achieving Warlord. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the timer in ranked PvP, because some duelists do prefer a defensive strategy that is slower in pace, which adds to the challenging aspects of the game. While we're talking about strategy, I do think it's important to mention the restrictions that have been placed on certain spells in the PvP arena, such as Sun enchant cards, Virulent Plague, minions, and other types of spells.

I think the idea of banning certain cards from the PvP arena is antithetical to the purpose of strategy in this game, especially combined with the updates of last year. Every school has been disenfranchised by the updates, especially Fire, Ice, Balance, and Life with a decrease in damage on both charms and attack spells, as well as limitations on critical on certain spells like Guardian Spirit. Normally, I favor a return to the rules of 1st or 2nd age PvP, where a drastic reduction in the rules and formatting would lead to players being able to formulate strategies with any spell they so choose. Removing all restrictions would be the ideal goal for me, but I'm willing to talk and compromise on a few things.