Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question: Cantrip Leveling

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hi,

So there is some major opposition to the current implementation of Cantrips. #1 Issue being the use of Energy to cast them. Initially, I was not as concerned by this issue. I hate pets, I tire easily of fishing and I am inconsistent with gardening (I always am waiting for the double gardening reward and then forget about my plants).

I have three questions:

1. Why are the cooldowns so long? Is this to prevent spam or to slow down leveling? It really removes the fun of the cantrip system having such long cool downs. Is the energy usage not a cooldown enough?
  2. Why do you only get XP for a certain level? Same issue as before, it really turns down the fun and makes it a mindless click and wait. It would be nice to be able to use different spells while you are leveling up. Some levels only have like 2 spells available to them. (How many times do you want me to cast that dice for example?). I think it might be worthwhile to gain XP from lower ranks spells, even if it's at a lower rate.
  3. Why the increase in energy cost to 15 Energy for Magic Touch? 15 Energy+3 people for 1-2 random spellements is a bit much. I honestly, wanted to use Magic Touch as a pointer and that energy cost AND no xp means that it's useless after about 3 casts. I think the idea of 3+people for Cantrips chests is fine (and possibly even a higher energy cost,) but for 1-2 spellements it is not worth it. Make it 5-15 spellements or something.

Thanks! Just curious...

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You get 1 xp per energy used, only from spells at your level. I think magic tough is more because you can allegedly open some new chests (that I have yet totfind) so I guess it is to limit that?

As to leveling, yes it is a pain, for a few levels you only spell choices are TC, hope you hoard reagents

Survivor
Oct 01, 2012
I was wondering why I stopped getting the XP for casting spells, now I know. My next question is…
where are those chests we get to open?