Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Self Select Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
Trying out the new world Novus with a friend! She realized that she couldn't select herself for any spells, but she could still cast offensive spells on enemies, and she could still cast those buffs on me. This happened first in a mob fight and then in the first fight of a dungeon, so it isn't a one-time mistake. We switched positions, to put me in second spot, and the same thing happened to me. If you are fighting while in second position, you can select a spell for yourself, you can hover over yourself, a little checkmark appears ... but clicking on yourself doesn't do anything.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Calamity Cat on Nov 30, 2022 wrote:
Trying out the new world Novus with a friend! She realized that she couldn't select herself for any spells, but she could still cast offensive spells on enemies, and she could still cast those buffs on me. This happened first in a mob fight and then in the first fight of a dungeon, so it isn't a one-time mistake. We switched positions, to put me in second spot, and the same thing happened to me. If you are fighting while in second position, you can select a spell for yourself, you can hover over yourself, a little checkmark appears ... but clicking on yourself doesn't do anything.
does it still not do anything when you click your friends nametage in battle instead of their model. I know since the update selecting yourself or other friendlies have gotten a little hit and miss if you click the circle instead of the nametag.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
pony knight on Dec 4, 2022 wrote:
does it still not do anything when you click your friends nametage in battle instead of their model. I know since the update selecting yourself or other friendlies have gotten a little hit and miss if you click the circle instead of the nametag.
Hey there, we are aware of this issue and looking into a fix. In the meantime, you can select your play tag at the bottom of your screen to give yourself or an ally any blade or shield.

However, this is not permanent, this does work as an alternative. Hope this helped.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
Kyle IceWielder on Dec 4, 2022 wrote:
Hey there, we are aware of this issue and looking into a fix. In the meantime, you can select your play tag at the bottom of your screen to give yourself or an ally any blade or shield.

However, this is not permanent, this does work as an alternative. Hope this helped.
Thank you for letting me know! We will try this next time.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Taru Torouchi Here!

My friend and I are also having this self select bug but we only experience it in "eye" of the battle layout. Attempting to blade or shield oneself in this position does not allow the caster to do so, but we can select other positions for any of these spells.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
A strange update - the earlier tip about clicking the name tag does work, but my friend and I also discovered that if you click on your hat specifically, you can select yourself to cast! It doesn't work if it's not right on your head, though. I once tried to click over my head, and she tried to click the middle of her body, and neither of those worked, but the hat specifically works. Silly, but true!