Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary School Spell and Gear Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I very much like having secondary schools because to be honest, I get extremely bored with school identities because we do nothing but use the same one or two spells to hit everything. To have another option is nice. I would love to see similar gear options in Wallaru and beyond. I also hope that fire won't have yet another dot spell in the next world since I find it to be the most boring school for me since everything is dots, especially since the recent spell changes. All I ever do is dragon. Literally. I need versatility and to mix it up every once in awhile. Giving us the secondary school gear and pips has been one of the better additions to the game. :)

So here are a few suggestions that I feel will help those of us that like hitting a secondary school;

1. More astral spells available by trainer. These have seemed to be dead in the water since forever. It would be especially nice to add the moon, star, sun blades and traps. Super nice. Level requirements if need be. PLZ Offering it on gear or pets is simply not good enough and we have more than enough training points to waste. Astral trainers have room to expand.

2. Universal gear in upcoming bundles could use a little bit of a boost to be comparative to damage stats on Novus gear for those that don't want to farm for gear or to expand secondary school gear options if the Novus gear doesn't provide the school damage they want. As of right now, the universal gear stats are significantly lower and aren't really viable anymore. The dropped universal athames and rings are very low stat as well. Plz don't take this as a pay to win suggestion by forgoing any more secondary school options in the future on gear (like Novus), offer both options.

3. Scarecrow, once again, death has a major advantage over other schools. They can weakness spam, heal well and only they can use scarecrow despite all other equivalent aoe spells like frost giant, dragon, storm lord, forest lord, supernova, orthrus being offered by the trainers in Arcanum. For other schools if wanting to train in death get offered Skeletal Dragon, which isn't even an aoe, unlike the others. I really don't see this as a fair option here. I think it would be cool if a storm or life wizard used death spells to drain back health. Having the ability for ice would be fun as well.

4. Update all packs in crown shop to level 160-170. Many are due for another upgrade. They also have gear that provides universal or secondary stat damages.

5. We are able to use pips for a secondary school or change them to anything we want, however, the ability to do this doesn't make mastery amulets obsolete since it still takes more time to accumulate the pips to allow you to use the spell you want to use. i.e. a death wanting to use storm lord can't use it until round 3 if changing school pips, one using a mastery amulet can use it on round 2. I would think that the higher archmastery is, you could use it in the same way and just as fast, I unfortunately haven't found it yet unless it demands having a very, very high rating. I think mine is near or over 200 for a few schools. Regardless, I feel as if this is supposed to eventually replace the mastery amulets, to make it so one can use the spell at the same time one could if using one for higher level wizards. I atm in time still haven't found replacing my mastery amulets for another one with this update, other than switching my dragoon amulets for the shane one we get in Darkmoor. (Dragoon amulet spells could use an animated speed update since they take forever) I still much prefer using the mastery amulets to be able to use any spell when I want to and not be confined to updated spell restrictions.